Monday, January 16, 2012

A few things...

Nope, I have no pictures to share today. However, I got a few projects done this weekend with more on the way... We have guests coming over this weekend so John and I scurried to get a few projects done that we haven't been motivated to do. John (finally) got all the Christmas decorations down and put away. He ended up doing some organizing in this process, which is great. I, on the other hand, just did fun crafty things.

Remember this lamp, which I re-did for my classroom?

Well, see it's naked brother to the left? He's been sitting in my craft room waiting for his time to come. And that time was yesterday. These lamps were on sale for I think $5 each, so I figured whatever happened happened. I wanted to put another lamp in our living room since we don't have a ceiling fixture, and it may still be too small, but for now it works. So, I mod-podged some awesome scrapbook paper onto the lampshade. It's a purple floral pattern and I think it's a fun little color pop next to the TV (on top of the Turquoise tv credenza).

I also completed a smaller version of this project with one of my extra canvases.

I think my canvas was 11x20 or so. I had originally penciled out a geometric pattern on it to paint, so I painted over it with some white interior paint I had laying around (to touch up all of our trim when we moved here). With that done, I went with the method that the girl above used (link attached). I bought a $3 bottle of shoe polish with a sponge tip and wrote with that. Mine turned out a little lighter, but the strategy works great because you don't have to fill up your paintbrush, yet it turns out imperfectly perfect.

I poorly planned, however, and think I will re-do it. The words I chose stopped in a weird place and ended up bunched, so... It shouldn't take me long to paint over it and re-do... But, it looks great as a pop of personality in our downstairs bathroom.

I also used puff paint on a teeny tiny canvas I had, a la:
Not sure where I'll put it yet. It's small.

The snow kept me in today (and the homework), but I plan on picking up a few things at Target and Ikea (like a bathroom rug and some drawer organizers). I also found what I think will be our entry way runner. We desperately need one, and I think this will last:
What do you think? I might look into making one, but we'll see. Not sure if it will clash with our entry chair. Which I may change out for a bench... Changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.