Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What a difference a year makes

Well well well. I have a blog. Who knew?


Looking back was fun: seeing what my interests were, what I was doing, and what I felt I wanted to share with the world. Now, it's over a year later and I already feel like I'm in a (somewhat) different place. But! I still view this blog as a place to share whatever I'm feeling at the moment, regardless of if people read it or care!

So, what did the rest of 2012 bring for me? Well, in a nutshell it was great!

Finished my Masters of Education in Math. Didn't get to fly to Boston to attend my graduation, but John surprised me with a surprise party. What an accomplishment for me.





Finished and passed my ProTeach (the next level of certification for teachers).

Spent three days driving to Colorado with my mom, dad, and hubs. We took our time along the way, then spent a few days in and around Denver visiting relatives and seeing the sights. John had never been there and I hadn't been since I was a kid, so it was a worthwhile trip!



In August my sister, her boyfriend (now Fiance!), hubs and I took a cruise to the Western Caribbean. Some highlights include: holding monkeys, seeing Mayan ruins in Belize, placing 3rd in the Amazing Race Cozumel, and seeing a completely different landscape! We've really enjoyed cruising as a way to "preview" countries and regions that we'd like to see again.





Started my 4th year (!!) of teaching. It's my third year in the same position and I finally have a clear sense of where I'm going, what I want my kids to know, and how I want to teach a lot of the concepts. I've taken on many new roles and have enjoyed the new challenges.


So... what's next? John and I have enjoyed slowing down a bit and enjoying our cats family. I've been trying to get back to some of my unfinished DIY projects: stenciling the living room wall, decorating the kitchen, adding more personality to the house, modifying rooms I decorated when we first moved in. Can you believe we've been in our house almost 3 years?

Time is flying and I can't believe I'll be turning 27 this year. For many that seems like such a young, exciting age, but for me I am still stuck at 23! John turns 30 this year and while we're so happy with what we've been able to accomplish, together and separately, we are looking ahead and thinking about goals for the future, near and far.

Here's to 2013 being another wonderful, wonderful year!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.