Thursday, April 14, 2011

An Ashley First

So, by complete happenstance, we are "hosting" Easter this year. I say "hosting" because we're doing a potluck-style meal, so I'm off the hook for cooking everything (I think I can handle vegetables and rolls). Anyway, that being said, I get to decorate!

I'm excited to have a big family meal in our new dining area, but I want the table settings and decor to be fresh and fun, too. Here is the first picture I have stashed as inspiration. I don't want it to be anything expensive, or too in-your-face EASTER. So we'll see what I find.

I like the mix of non-traditional items - the books covered in fun paper, the antique birds. I would also like to do something with branches. This is fresh and bright. We'll see! We have some china we've never used. Maybe I can use a few of those pieces. I'll be going to Target and Goodwill this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to Easter at the Ashley house regardless of the decorations, but I'm sure it will turn out cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.