Wednesday, April 20, 2011

getting ready...

... for a new bundle of joy to come into our lives, as our family grows by one.

Before you freak out, let me clear something up:



... It's not a baby.

John miraculously (and very surprisingly) agreed to a cat. I have never owned a cat but have cared for a few. I have been reading a lot about them and trying to learn what to be prepared for. I may be totally naive, but they seem easier in many ways than a dog. Don't get me wrong, I still consider myself a dog person, but I actually think a cat is a better fit for us right now. I'm sure I'm in for a lot of surprises, but I am just so excited to have a companion. I don't think John even understands. I love the idea of having a little buddy, even if it's a little more independent.

So, I will take a cat as a compromise. And I'm excited.

Anyway, we've got a lead on a cat that may be a good fit for us, so I'll keep you posted.

I treated myself to buying some cat supplies (just to make it that much more difficult for John to take it back) in preparation for our little bundle of joy. I also have a plan for hiding the litter box. I don't want our house to be like, "Ahh! There's a cat here!" and totally ruin the design, so we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Um first of all, you scared me! But I am so excited you are getting a cat! I LOVE having Frankie Bambino around. We adopted him from a shelter already trained and sweet as can be! I encourage you to adopt if you can.

    I'm curious about your litter box design... that's the only thing I hate about having a cat. Right now there is an ad on your blog for a cat genie, which seems like an amazing invention!

    Enjoy your new little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It may sound a little "crazy cat lady", but I don't ever really feel like I'm home alone with Moses and Titan here. Those two nuggets are always here roaming around, bugging the crap out of me, hissing and growling at each other, and most of all, sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'm working on a comment that is both rude and inappropriate. I'll get back to you.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.