Sunday, April 10, 2011

We're comin' to America... today! (picture heavy)

I just spent the last week in Washington D.C. with a group of 11 6th and 7th graders, and I had a fabulous time. We started off with a 4 am meeting at the Airport on Monday morning, and arrived back in Washington state around 2 am on Saturday morning. All that time in between was filled with tons of activities. I hope the students got as much out of it as I did.

Monday:




We arrived in D.C. around 4, then headed to dinner, the Einstein Statue, and the World War II Memorial.

Tuesday: 











 Ford's Theater, Holocaust Museum, National Archives, Smithsonian Natural History Museum, Vietnam Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial

Wednesday:















 Gettysburg, FDR Memorial, Jefferson Memorial

Thursday: 









 White House tour, Washington Monument, Mount Vernon, Air Force Memorial, 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, Iwojima Memorial

Friday: 



 Arlington Cemetery, Kennedy's Memorial, Robert E Lee's home, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Changing of the Guards. Flight home -- delayed 2 hours. :(


Needless to say, our students were tuckered out, as were we. But, I would've never learned all the stories behind everything in D.C. We had a great tour guide, and it was wonderful not having to worry about food, driving, anything. I think my new camera did pretty well, too. I enjoyed playing around with the "sweeping panorama" feature just for fun, and I can't wait to edit some of these pictures to make them even better. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos, especially of the FDR memorial--it wasn't finished the last time I was in DC :)

    Did you guys check out the Newseum? I hear it is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.