Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Couch Ouches.

Well, we've decided what we want to do with the bonus room. We're going to move the sectional up there and get a TV (eventually) so it's a comfortable hang out area. So, in the living room were going to get a new couch and side chairs. I think a lighter colored couch can still be comfortable but more fancy/stylish looking. I'm looking at the linen/oatmeal/tweed type fabric and color and I'm excited about how I think it will look.

When we bought the sectional we paid around $700 for it and while we still like it, we can tell that we got what we paid for. The bottom cushions slide out all the time and the back cushions have already started sagging. So, we know that getting a quality sofa is a priority if we don't want to keep buying them.

However, we're under a bit of sticker shock looking at what a quality couch really costs. There is a Bassett/Selden's/Thomasville in our town, so we hit it up just to get some ideas. Bassett makes custom couches and we liked that we could get exactly what we wanted without compromise.

This is what we like:
But not the price tag.

So, we'll see what we decide. I don't think we're in a hurry to do anything until we figure it out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.