Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Social Life

Well I've had a fun past few days. On Thursday I drove up north to meet a friend and go to the Brandi Carlile concert. This is the 4th time I've seen her, and it's rare for me to see artists more than once. She grew up near my hometown and got her start in Bellingham, where I went to college. John and I saw her in 2009 the night before we got engaged, and our friends sang one of her songs at our wedding. Not super uplifting, but this song related to us being long distance, and I think it's beautiful.


The other thing I love about her is her ability to belt it out! She knows when to be soft, when to yodel (!!), and when to scream. She's awesome live.



I went with my friend Julie, who is pure awesome. She was my accomplice in the Surprise Kitten Purchase of 2011 a few weeks back. Anyway, she can make fun out of everything, see?





Thanks for all the pictures you don't know that I stole from Facebook, Julie! :) It was great to visit Bellingham again. After the concert we went to another friend's house and had a little fire. It was a lovely time, and the latest I've stayed out in a while!

I went back down to Tacoma on Friday so that John and I could attend a friend's wedding.





Then yesterday we went to a car show that John was helping with in Gig Harbor. It was one of the first years so it was still pretty small, but fun. We also stopped by the park in Gig Harbor that has a view of the Narrows Bridges.




Looking forward to my last completely free week! After this week I've got a week-long training, our cruise to Alaska, another week-long training, then prepping for school! Whew!

2 comments:

  1. I love Brandi Carlile and am so jealous that you've been able to see her live - and not just once! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome for all the Facebook pictures! We can turn anything (IHOP, Denny's, Goodwill, Animal Shelter...) into a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.