Monday, July 25, 2011

Sleepy, Rainy Monday

Well, I slept in later than I have all summer (hey, that's pretty good) but it's okay because it was thundering and pouring rain when I got up. Also, I found my camera charger, so that motivated me to take a few shots of what I've been up to. That list of mine is slowly getting checked off.





First, I'm making progress on my gallery wall, which I started months ago (I want to say December...sad). I couldn't commit to where I wanted to put it but I'm going for it this time! I still have 2 more frames to paint, but that's not too shabby. I have the configuration up on the wall and plan on hammering in the nails within the next few days (trying not to set myself up for failure here). Can't wait to see it done!






I also started working on the paper dahlias I mentioned. I finished one, but ran out of hot glue sticks and will possibly run out of paper for the second one... which could throw a kink in things. Anyway, it took a few hours of watching The Talk, All My Children, and The Doctors the news to finish one, but I'm really happy with how it turned out and can't wait to hang them above our bed! This is my first book-paper project that turned out well, unlike my horrible Christmas tree... Also, did I mention the book I picked up at Goodwill to use happened to be Schindler's List?? What an uplifting book to have on the walls of our bedroom... sorry anyone who is offended that after I realized it (when I got home) I still used it. The pages were stiff and white!



I also hung up a few other things, namely my copy cat made-it-myself print of  "I heart you because ____." I've seen so many versions but realized that I know how to work Photoshop enough to just make and print my own. Turned out pretty well - and we finally have something up in our bathroom.Oh, and there's that toiler paper art that's been sitting on the floor for months... It got a little tore up waiting.





Oh and I had a great time scrapbooking with my mom and sister, although I only completed one page.


1 comment:

  1. That paper dahlia is awesome! I am totally going to try that in our new apartment (we move Friday)...thanks for sharing and yay for productive summer days :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.