Friday, July 1, 2011

Productive Shopping Day!

Well, I tried going to the mall yesterday and shopping for clothes, but that held my attention for about 10 minutes before I had a panic attack at the 2-story Forever 21 and left. Today I had better luck at Michael's, Ross, and Target.


Bought a tray to try out some stuff. Hoping to back some cool looking turn-in trays for my classroom.


Canvases can be expensive. I found these paint by numbers for 3 dollars and can easily paint over them!


The $1 stamp bin at Michael's is my weakness. 


A turquoise planter for somewhere in the house... $4!

LOVE these ceramic egg cartons. Each was $2.50. No idea what I will use them for. 

Oh yeah, and a while ago I got these deals:


These 2 hurricanes and flickering candles (the kind with batteries) were on super mega clearance at Target a few weeks ago. Big hurricane: from $20 to $5. Small hurricane: From $14 to $3.50. Woo hoo!

This cute gray purse at Goodwill for $4. It's the perfect size to hold everything, has three separate sections, and is in great condition (i.e. no weird crumbs or stains inside and no marks outside!)

In other news, I am preparing for what I imagine to be an incredible game night. It's a little more than a week away, but I was too excited and started planning. My dream has finally come true and I have found people who have agreed to a Minute to Win It game night! I'll be driving up to see some of my college friends/coworkers and we'll be playing games later in the night. Boy did I feel judged going through the checkout line with: ping pong balls, pantyhose, a pedometer, balloons, straws, cups, a clipboard, a sweatband, and playing cards (among other things). Don't all of these random items add up to a good time? I sure hope so.

I also made instruction cards. I've been trying to figure out how to set up a game night for this game and how to award points, since the TV show isn't based that way. On each of the cards I rated the difficulty of the game 1-3, so if they complete the challenge they get between 1 and 3 points. This way it's still fairly loose in the directions and other teams can try, but there's still a bit of competitiveness. Hopefully they'll all buy it!

In other news, we've got all different plans for this weekend. A drive-in tonight, bbq tomorrow, Wings n' Wheels air/car show on Sunday, and who knows what on Monday. I always feel an obligation to make it count since this is one of the few three-day weekends John gets. We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some great deals!

    Your minute-to-win-it party sounds like a blast! I hope you will share with us all the games you played (and who won) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also very excited for game night!

    And I love the 2-Story Forever21 if you need some moral support :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.