Friday, January 6, 2012

Design Board

So, I just wanted to share a design board that I made just for fun for a friend. I wasn't expecting it to actually come to life, I just loved seeing her new home and her style and had fun making it. If you can't tell, I am not a professional. But it's fun. I have another friend who is hopefully buying a new home and it's so exciting! I wish I could just look at, buy, and decorate houses for a living. Is that a job? Just kidding.



Other crafts in the works:
  • My gallery wall is finally taking shape. After months of it sitting empty (and, admittedly, with the Goodwill pricetags still stuck to the glass) I've started filling them. A few are just random shapes and pretty paper from my Cricut. I also included a coaster from our stay at the Centralia McMenamin's, a teppanyaki menu from our cruise, our one-year-anniversary picture, and a few other do-dads. I don't want it to just be pictures, so I'm trying to find mementos from our life to share. Oh yeah, and a cat picture of course! 
  • I finished building this, but still need to stain and stencil it. I'm thinking the cricut will be handy in making a stencil with my saying of choice:
  •  I'd like to make a large supply of "Any Occasion" cards with my cricut and get them out more. Everyone loves a card to brighten their day!
 
  •  I finally bought sheers for our bathroom and some "frosted" window film. However, attempt #1 failed. Here is what I learned: applying window film is not a one-person job. window film is not like a window cling. don't mess up; scraping the adhesive off the window is a pain. Attempt #2 will commence this weekend because I gotsta have my privacy!
  •  I bought (another) credenza. It was a WHOPPER of a deal. My mom and I both gravitated to it at the Goodwill before seeing it's craftmanship. The drawers are dove-tailed, the wood is in wonderful condition, and it doesn't smell. Get this, it cost $130. Great deal, right? Wrong. It was marked down to $99. Awesome score, huh? Wrong. It was senior discount day and my lovely mother fit the age requirement which knocked another 10% off. That's right folks, I paid $80 for it. That's approximately $200 less than what I paid for the now-turquoise tv stand. Ugh! But, I'm excited because I can have one that is paintable and one that is not. This one would make a great baby dresser, or who knows what. All I knows is this girl is excited. 
Alright, shut me up. Over and out. Back with more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.