Friday, January 6, 2012

Wow. Hi.

I perused my blog today and realized that it has been since August since I have even posted. Here's my 2-sentence excuse (not that you were missing it), then on to other business: my job, my schooling, and my cats have kept me away from my crafts. But we're back in action! Things have calmed down on the home-front and I am only taking one class right now, as opposed to the three I just finished (Psst, I have a 3.91 gpa in my masters program!).

So Christmas happened recently and I thought I'd share some of the more relevant gifts I received. Let's start big. I'm talking Cricut big. Yep, that's right folks, my sister has come through once again... That is, my sister and her love of the home shopping network. We're suckers for a deal, and this Cricut Create was on clearance and came with 3 cartridges that should keep me busy for a while: DonJuan (a font cartridge), Stretch your Imagination (shapes for all seasons/occasions), and Picturesque (lovely geometric and floral shapes).
Not only is it super useful, but it's so much fun! I'm behind the times a bit, but I had no idea what it is capable of. You can change the size, the style (shadow, outline, stretched, etc), and even turn most shapes into greeting cards and gift tags. I am so overwhelmed by the possibility. So far I've made a few cards just to try it out and a few simple shapes for my gallery wall.

In other news, my dear sweet hubs got me some great gifts. I made it very clear that one more hiking dress exercise-related clothing item would mean the end for him. He did well, other than the "No Complaining Rule" book that he bought me. He got me a microwave contraption that makes eggs that fit perfectly into an English Muffin and cook in 45 seconds! He also got me the most expensive pair of shoes/clothing I have ever owned. He did a great job of finding a pair of boots so I can finally jump on that bandwagon. Turns out that he accidentally bought 2 left shoes... but all worked out and I'm just waiting for my skinny jeans to arrive to flaunt them.
Ecco Hobart Boot

It was a nice Christmas. And really, it was more about the wonderful family time that we always get to share in. And also, our annual Hahn family marshmallow gun fight. No one believed me so I finally got proof of just how hard a marshmallow can hit, and this wasn't even close range!


Yep. You saw it here first. Also, another notable night over winter break was our Dexter season finale party! Check THIS out, jealous readers:

I have a giveaway going for whoever can name all of our characters! Just kidding, I don't. 



Alright. Back to business. There have been a few other projects I've had going that I plan on sharing soon (as in, 5 minutes from now in a separate post). Stay tuned, I'm back in action!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you love the Cricut! I will definitely be coming over to use it haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.