Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Hello all!

It's been a little while since I've posted and that's because I haven't been doing a whole lot of "fun," postable-type activities. This past week was the four-week mark of my second eight-week term in grad school, and because I'm taking two courses that meant I had to write two self-assessments. And I wanted to finish all my homework before I left for the long weekend. It's also been a bit busy at school between end of the year planning, concerts, and other hullabaloo.

Anyway, we got invited by a few long lost friends to head to the ocean for the long weekend. Nothing fancy but I jumped at the chance to do something and get out of the house. So we headed off to Ocean Shores which is only about 2 hours away and never seems to have any traffic. It wasn't the best of weather (no surprise) but we had tons of fun playing games, wandering the town (can we say chainsaw carving contest?), eating at local restaurants, and flying kites.

John and our friend, Marie, are happy to be at Ocean Shores!


Left to right: Marie, Anthony, Me


Marie with her Unicorn kite, me with my zany Octopus.



John in the car working, Marie trying to include him.



But alas, it's back to usual here. John worked on the fence (no it's still not done) while I cleaned up the house. Luckily we only have 3 weeks left of school and then I can get back to (crafting) business. We'll see what I have planned for the summer....

By the way, happy Memorial Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the picture of you two as sea horses--those pop-up things can be corny but they never cease to make me chuckle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I realized how misleading this is once you posted your comment. Not a single picture is of John and I from our trip - our friend Marie is always next to him. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.