Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why do I hate it so much...

...when the commercials on TV tell me to get off the couch and find a job/go to school/get a lawyer?
1. I hate that they know I'm on the couch.
2. They don't understand that I went to school/have a job/don't need a lawyer and have a perfectly acceptable reason of eating popcorn in my sweatpants at a 180-degree angle at 5:30.
Anyway, it bugs me. I want to tell that stupid actor in his fake chef hat to zip it and stop judging.

But I digress. This has been a fabulous week so far. I had quite the fever on Sun/Mon/Tues, but I found a cowbell and fixed myself right up.... anybody?



We really only have like 14 days of actual uninterrupted teaching, and 22 days of school left. So that's nothing. The students are doing alright, but have definitely been more challenging to manage than they have been the rest of the year. It's not anything surprising so I can't complain.

As far as life without facebook, it's going well. I struggled on my sick day on Monday not to re-login but managed to resist. It's not that I have found other things that are more productive yet, but I think it's a step in the right direction. There are some old coworkers and friends that I sort of regret not telling ahead of time, but I try to remember that if we are true friends we'll connect. I feel better not waiting to get home and compare my day to everyone else's. So that's improvement.

In other news, next week is the halfway point of this term at school, which means I will be writing 2 self-assessments... I'm trying not to think about it. Self-assessments shouldn't be that hard, and I hope I can get ahead this weekend.

We are going with a few friends to Ocean Shores for Memorial Day so I need to get the papers done. It'll be nice to both see friends and get away together. I think we need that. I've been hard on John lately and that's the last thing he needs (poor thing ripped his pants and shattered his iphone yesterday...). Ohhhh the joys of being newlywed. :) Happy Wednesday all.

1 comment:

  1. I still read your blog even though you aren't on fb anymore. I love seeing your creativity and projects :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.