Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Curtains anyone?

My fabric finally came in today. I say finally because fabric.com took a week, which is forever compared to zappos's 1-day turnaround. Anyway, it's here! My perfect, beautiful, subtle yet attention-grabbing Amy Butler Midwest Modern Optic Blossom Linen fabric. All 6 yards of it. Can't wait to hang it. I hung it with thumbtacks just to see what it would look like.

Do you think I should spring for a double rod like the living room and do a white sheer behind it or should I just hang as is? I'm thinking as-is. It's a little less "done" than the living room, but I love that this time I remembered to buy enough so that it pools at the floor, and goes up to the ceiling.

From the  living room/hallway. Took off the pictures on the left and the right.

Close-up view.
 From the kitchen. 

Really close-up.

These pictures are obviously when it's dark, but you get the idea. Now, can you picture it with these things? I'm still thinking about things...

Two of these on each side of the table.

This, or...
This. On one side of the table.

All on top of this?

I'm still waffling. I may end up getting just a jute rug with a yellow border. Do you think the blue chairs match? The original chairs I want were from a dealer that didn't get great reviews, so I nixed that whole thing. I still love the idea of blue tufted upholstered chairs....

Let me know your thoughts!!

2 comments:

  1. I think the blue would look really cool! Too bad you can't find mustard yellow upholstered chairs with buttons like the blue ones--those would look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! I was on the hunt, but to no avail. Too bad upholstery isn't my thang.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.