Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to the 21st Century!

First, here are the curtains I hemmed with no-stitch hem tape. It worked out great, and I'm so glad I decided on 6 yards of fabric because I love the length. The curtain rod is one we had, and it has a second bar, so I could add sheers behind it... Anyway, here they are! It's slowly coming together - too bad the rug I ordered is on back order and the bench is upholstered to your order... Can't wait!


Our curtains are up!

Closer up.. Slightly pooling at the floor.

Floor to ceiling.

Looking from the hallway.

Exactly as wide as our current tv stand. We're hunting for another one, but have been beat out on craigslist a few times already.... darn it!

Whoa! Where'd it go?? So slim.

The TV was a bit of a splurge from some $ we've run across recently. It's not the fanciest or biggest, but it's such an upgrade from our 27x27x27 box of a TV from college. We feel so fancy! It also has the internet, which is cool because we can play Pandora and watch Netflix and Youtube on it. Pretty cool!

Now I'm just waiting on our dining room rug, bench, and chairs to come in. And to find the perfect dresser/credenza from Craigslist.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. like the curtains! nice work on the hemming. i like that length.

    sweet tv. what brand did u go with and what size is it? still going to mount it up on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog!!!!

    If you are tired of getting beat out on Craigslist, check this out.

    http://www.clchecker.com/

    It emails you as soon as something is posted withing your criteria.

    Just thought i'd share!

    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! The curtains turned out fine. When mine were too long, I just raised the rod...fyi. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lauren: Thanks! It's a 46" Samsung LED. It's rated really well, and we liked the modern stand and border of it, too. It wasn't the cheapest, but we wanted a thin one, with internet.

    @Zeb: You're my hero! I just discovered Craigseasy and now this! Excellent!

    @Steph: Thanks! That's the length I wanted - I like the pooling look. We'll see if it's practical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look great! We are hoping to upgrade to a new TV ourselves soon :) Our 20 inch big box TV is just not cutting it any more!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.