Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dresser-ed to the Nines

Well, after many posts about credenzas and tv stands, it was time to strike. After months of perusing craigslist for the perfectly priced, sized, and styled tv stand, we started making offers and kept getting shut out. Tonight was our lucky night, though. I used "Craigslist Checker" (thanks Zeb!) to keep my eye on things, then found my diamond in the rough.

It's a very simple mid-century 9-drawer dresser. It's solid wood, and needs refinished. The lines are very smooth and all the sides are flat except for the grooves under the drawers, so I think I will do okay refinishing it. I'm hoping that I can get it sanded and perhaps pre-conditioned this weekend. Maybe even more if I'm feeling extra ambitious.

Remember this guy I turned from honey-colored with gold triangle pulls? Well, probably not because I did it before I started blogging. He was a beast to sand and I ended up cheating with some blank paint on the tough parts, but I'm happy with him. Especially for my first project - I think I've gotten a lot handier since then. So, I have high hopes for the new member of the family.






Anyway, without further ado, here is my most recent conquest:






Our new flat screen will sit a bit higher, which I think we'll like. It will also help to fill out that side of the room and feel more to scale with our sectional.

I will have to start looking at stains, I'm not sure if I want to go very dark, but I also don't want it to look outdated. What do you think? Check out these options.


Enough excitement for a Wednesday night. off to bed I go!

1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous and all those drawers! What a great piece--can't wait to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.