Friday, March 18, 2011

Formica-Me-Crazy

So, I think the top and possibly sides of my dresser-turned-tv-stand are actually formica, which rules out the possibility of re-staining. I could paint those and stain the drawers, but.... I'm not sure how that would turn out.

If I'm just going to paint the whole thing, I could either go subtle and predictable or punched up and fun. I don't want to do black because that would bring down the whole room, but I'm not sure if the mid-century style would lend itself to white... I'm not sure if it could pull off adding some fun knobs/handles either, since it has indented pulls on the bottom of the drawer.

source
source

If I went the more "fun" route, I was thinking of doing a dark, dark turquoise. I would possibly have the paint samples I got darkened even more... Similar to the color of our curtains. And similar to the color Young House Love painted the back of their built-in shelves, here:


Here's the color of our room.


I like the color that it is, but there's too many scratches and stuff that need filled to just leave it as is... Thoughts?? The great thing is that I can always paint it again...





White? Half-Stained? Turquoise? A totally different color because I'm on the wrong track? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay! I love the turquoise! Btw, you've helped inspire me to start blogging about school/DIY. <3

    http://fineanddandyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.