Monday, January 3, 2011

A bad representation of New Years

I took a few photos from New Years, but really only when we played Just Dance on our projector screen. I am just not in the habit of snapping photos, even though I had a beautiful buffet set up with labels, and a pretty good turn out, considering we weren't planning on having a party.

Also, I would like a new camera. Mine really isn't that bad, and in the spirit of minimalism, I really don't need one, but it'd be so much fun. Currently, the lid/cover for the battery and SD card doesn't snap all the way, and I figure if it just stops shutting altogether then I may be in the market. John doesn't have a camera, and mine is 8 megapixels, which is pathetic. Not even that old! Anyway, we'll see. I've got a little Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket that I could either spend on craft room shelving or a camera... decisions  decisions.

Wow, so anyway, back to new years. Here are a few silly pictures that are WAY unflattering.

Truly, they do not accurately represent my superior skills of following choreography and looking good while doing so. I blame it on the camera. I will not show you the picture where I'm resting my drink on my belly. Guh-ross.



 Too bad I don't have anything else to share!

Today, however, I did stop at Target to pick up an auxiliary cord (exciting, I know). However, I found some great deals on other things... Like:

On sale for $7.50. I know "mustard" isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. Once I wore a mustard sweater and got many compliments on it, so it stuck. Also, the reason I was looking at purses is because mine is taking over my life. It's TOO big and whatever size a purse is I will fill. This one is a crossbody and is very small. So.. hopefully I can keep this one clean. Tempted to get a black one, too... We'll see.
This was in that cheap section when you first walk in. It's a clothy "charging station" but it matches my classroom colors. So my plan is to put it by my computer for post-its and such. You can never have too many trays. And at $2.50, what a steal! There were other bins, too, but I couldn't think of a use..

Don't laugh, my car is such a boat that it barely fits into the garage without touching the 2 stairs to the house. So I may or may not have ran over them a few times. John was going to hang a tennis ball, but THIS was on clearance for 75% off, which = $2.50. I'm pretty stoked to set this up.


In other news, first day back went well. I wasn't dreading it like the past, so it was fun. My kids are cuties, and they build my self-esteem because they laugh at my dumb jokes. Ha! Anyway, happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Cute purse. I love the little cross-body purse I got. It really keeps things pared down plus I've gotten pretty used to having my hands free of holding a purse on my shoulder.

    Nice dance pics... I look gross and dorky! Oh well. That game was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new purse but I happen to love mustard. In fact I have a mustard pashmina-type wrap that I love!

    The pictures of you dancing with Wii made me laugh...my brother got Xbox Kinect for Christmas and we all looked crazy jumping and dancing around!

    P.S. I like the new header--made on Photoshop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lauren: Thanks. Yeah, I checked my pictures and none were too hot. How are the ones on your camera?

    @K-T: us mustard-lovers (not the condiment, though, eww) gotta stick together! The Kinect sounds incredible and terribly entertaining (and you probably couldn't fake the games as well like you can on Wii!). And thanks on the header, I obviously didn't get the size right, but I'm getting there... I see ones I love but still struggle to make my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.