Saturday, January 22, 2011

This weekend...

What do all of you out there have planned for the weekend? I plan on having a relaxing weekend, and didn't even bring any work home with me (although it never hurts to get ahead).
  • Last night John got home late from work and we went to Denny's for some late dinner. I did well by getting turkey bacon, eggs, toast, and oatmeal. Not the healthiest, but an improvement from what I'd normally get at a breakfast restaurant.
  • It's embarrassing to admit, but in our post-Dexter-depression John and I have gotten hooked on True Blood. I don't know how this has happened, because we hate the Twilight movies and all things vampire. I'm fairly certain it's because we both like to say "Sookie" in Bill's low Southern voice. In fact, there are whole montages dedicated to him uttering her name:





  • This morning John's friend Hal came over to help us in the last step of our wine-making. He brought over a fancy filtering system he has and did the final filter on our wine. It's going to rest in the bucket for a day, then we can start bottling tomorrow. He also gave us some "Zorks" (I'll pause for giggles), that are not exactly screw tops but not exactly corks. They are almost like a mix between what a gallon of milk has as a top mixed with a cork that you heat-seal onto the bottle. Like:

  • Shortly we'll be headed off to Ikea. I've made big headway with organizing the craft room, and I'd like to get a few wall organization items from the kitchen section of Ikea. We'll see if I can convince John to let me buy the 4x4 Expedit bookcase for the craft room... Not sure if I want to spend my money on that either. We'll see.
  • Tomorrow John has to go into work for a few hours, so I'll try to accomplish a few things. Then we're going bowling with a couple we are friends with from our college days. She lived on the same floor as me in the dorms, then we worked together at Arby's and at a restaurant and were really good friends in Bellingham. Her and her boyfriend recently moved down our way for school, so it's great to see them every now and then.
That's about it for us! I can't wait to post pictures of the craft room and of our labeled, finished Wine!

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome you guys are making your own wine--can't wait to see the end product :)

    We are in Peoria, IL spending time with my aunt who is visiting from Korea and will be watching the Bears-Packers game later today!

    P.S. I am jealous you have an IKEA close by...our closest one is five hours away in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... Drew and I like True Blood too.. for better or worse. And I agree that half the fun is saying "Suh-kie" Bill does. Bill is a dork but Eric a jerk,I'm so torn by this. I think my favorite character is Lafayette though.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.