Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Classroom Additions

Look what the students brought in today:




6 Goldfish to be exact. Quite charming. We will be voting on names this week some time. As long as they don't die by then. Ha! I also figured out how to take some better pictures of things like aquariums. Since a fancy camera is not in our budget right now, I'm trying to take time to figure out my point-and-shoot camera a little better. Anyway, the kids are excited, and it does add something calming to the room.

I also got this:
Allow me to explain. Students had an extra credit opportunity - they could do many things, one of which was to make a model of one of the types of joints. This kid (who obviously had a lot of help from his dad) created an arm - hinge joint. Not totally accurately since the arm moved backwards 90 degrees, but I'm stoked to have this little piece of art in my classroom!

I love these kids.

1 comment:

  1. My third grade teacher had students bring in bones and other fossil-like remnants of animals because she liked to collect them in her classroom. Her room always smelled like formaldehyde.

    Live goldfish and extra credit projects involving metal are much better things to collect! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.