Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Great Rug Debate

So... Boo. I had my dining room design board all approved by Mister Man months ago. So we buy our dining room table yesterday and I whip out my laptop to show him how great our table is going to look with all the other fixin's I had picked out already.

To my dismay, John immediately points out that he doesn't like the rug. Which definitely proves my point that he doesn't pay attention to half the things I show him. He thinks it's too "trendy" and we'll get tired of it. I absolutely adore the simple pattern and the fact that it's bright and cheery and will not only add a pop of color but will keep the room from feeling too dark and heavy with the huge behemoth dark mass of a table.

However, I can also see his side and have been on the hunt for an affordable, simple, 5x8 rug that is more geometric/plain in pattern to offset the fabric that I just bought online without telling John that will be used for the curtains.

Let's remind ourselves what we've got:
Fabric for the Curtains. Simple, yet adds some pattern and color to the room.

Our table. Keep in mind we only bought the table. We will be getting 2 upholstered chairs and a bench. Not sure what we'll do for the other 2 chairs (maybe buy 2 from the set...?) Either way, not too matchy-matchy.
Alright, Original rug:




Option for "compromise rug"

No yellow in it, but still bright and area with a bit of a "scales" pattern. It would still offset the "busier" pattern in the curtains. Not totally sold, but it's a good start. I'm having so much trouble finding something within my stingy price range that fits what I want. But a rug will do so much for the room... Ugh! 

Oh, forgot to mention that the Scales Rug (above) is on sale for $135. Yowza!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.