Monday, February 14, 2011

Why I love my sister

Okay, no one will ever get me like my sister. For some reason she always knows what I'm trying to say when I can't quite say it. Whenever we've played catch phrase or something, she can always guess my nonsensical clues that she gets stuck with. I appreciate that she's my big sister, because she's so good at it. I'd like to share a text conversation we had to show just how much she knows me. I couldn't stop laughing at how much of a "you-know-me-so-well" exchange this was.

(I'll catch you up on what we're talking about in a bit)

Lindsay: How does that sillyville song go that the frogs sing? here the something song of the la la la la mm, ba ba mmm, ba ba mmm, baronnnggg?
Lindsay: Writing that text made me laugh out loud because if you don't know what I'm saying it sounds CRAZY.
Lauren: HA. Well lucky for u i do know what you're talking about but not sure of the words... Hear the lively song of the frogs in yonder pond, dip, dip, dip, dip, dip, dip baaaaroooom. I can't think of any other words but I think they do it in a round. Dare I ask why u need that...
Lindsay: Because the spa on the cruise ship is called the Barong Spa and it reminded me of a song but I couldn't think of it.
Lauren: Oh my god.
Lindsay: Ha ha ha ha I can always count on you to know what im talking about.
Lauren: You're welcome. We can only hope there is a jingleheimer lounge aboard too!


Okay, now I few words may be unfamiliar. Here are some videos. Hopefully some of you out there remember Wee Sing videos. Well, Wee Sing in Sillyville was among my favorites. Mostly because of the anti-racism message, but also because of the great costumes and catchy numbers.



And here are a few others I enjoy. First, the SpurtleGurgles (yes!) performing "Boom boom ain't it great to be crazy":



And the Red Bitty Booty's singing "Risseldy Rosseldy":



Happy Valentine's Day!

I'll post more about our weekend happenings soon!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww a whole post about me! Me and my ability to understand (usually) what's going on in that head of yours... Love you :-)

    Ah, memories of Wee Sing videos. Sillyville is the best by far. You can't forget the Twirlypops, Jingleheimers and the Whump! (Or that weird little walnut that sings in the grass.) It took watching Sillyville for me to learn to accept our differences as sisters. *Cue the music* "Make new friends but keep the old... one is silver and the other gold!"

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.