Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Being More With Less reminder

The latest post on the Be More With Less blog I've been reading discusses a simplified Holiday season. My parents raised me very well in my opinion and never went overboard with gifts. As we got older the gifts were fewer because we didn't need much. I thought it was a great lesson. I also liked that even though we indulged in our materialistic sides we also kept the Holiday about what really matters. I am not part of a very religious family, but we maintain similar values. So, Christmas time for us is a reminder to keep the friendly "holiday" spirit year round, being thankful for what we have, and staying connected to family. These are all things I will strive to keep as our family grows.

Once again, I must mention that I am by no means perfect. Below, I have a Christmas list. There are things I want that are indulgences (or in some cases useful items) but I feel that it's about balance. The guest writer on the blog also mentioned how much less stressful it is to have less stuff, less debt, and more savings. Not that it's all about money, but today's society seems most stressed out by it. So why not get it under control? We're trying to while we're young.


Anyway, enough of that for today. We had our Veterans Day Assembly at school, which despite a few mess-ups was pretty touching. Tonight a few teachers met for Happy Hour and it was a lovely time. It's nice to feel welcome in a new school and I feel like I've been here a lot longer than I have.  Tomorrow we have school off and I look forward to some crafting (like this project featured on Young House Love). I would also like to find a credenza soon. And I need to hang the pictures in our bedroom that have been sitting there waiting patiently. We shall see what I accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.