Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 6 - Picture of something that makes you happy

Well, the first thought I had of what makes me happy is very indicative of my priorities in life:

But I suppose I could pick something a little more sentimental:

www.ultimatecampresource.com
Now, let me explain. I realize this also has to do with sweets, but there's more. This marshmallow gun represents Christmas with my family - which is something that makes me very happy. But why a PVC marshmallow gun?

Because 3 years ago my mom thought it would be fun to make a marshmallow gun. When it turned out to be very simple, she made 5 more. Then she decided it would be funny to give John a bag of marshmallows for Christmas, then attack him with marshmallows. This started a new family tradition of having a Marshmallow Gun Fight every Christmas Day. We don't really get toys to play with and so this is a fun way to play together.

 We all wear eye protection (from my dad's shop), which makes it that much more silly. And let me tell you, it's a necessity - the three men who play (dad, John, and my sister's boyfriend) put such power into their marshmallows that I usually end up with red spots all over.

You would think it's not that fun the second or third year around, but it is. We will never not laugh from hitting someone in the butt with a marshmallow and hearing that "smack!" sound. It also never ceases to amaze me how the guys plan out their tactical moves - where to hide, where to attack from, how many marshmallows to load in their gun at one time.

Overall it's a fun time. The marshmallows don't stain, and even if they get smashed it's easy to remove. It's funny finding marshmallows in weird places months later.

Anyway, consider this as a possible holiday tradition for your family - after all, what classier way is there to spend a holiday with family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.