Monday, November 22, 2010

Blog-inspired crafting

Here's what I've been up to lately as far as crafting is concerned:

From the Young House Love blog, I decided to try Glass Etching like they did here. I practiced on a fish-bowl-like jar I didn't want and will be making this on an apothecary jar for a Christmas present.


at first I thought the etch didn't stick, so I re-did it. You can tell the stencil bled the second time.

my sophisticated supplies.

I am also beginning to attempt this project posted at White Waxflower. However, covering it in paper was more difficult than expected, and my rolled-up paper looks very silly at this point, so I will continue to work on it before posted. I think my mom and sister are going to do this with me.



And finally, I bought this mini sewing machine that got good ratings from amazon.com just to try sewing a few things. I didn't want to invest in a pricier one until I decided if I have the patience for sewing. I also nabbed up a few supplies. I can't reveal everything I'm working on, since some may end up as Christmas presents (if they don't turn out horribly).

It's just a baby sewing machine! Not even a foot wide.

Going to try some simple pillowcases for ugly pillows that came with our couch. What do you think of this fabric?

A rotary fabric cutter. So much fun and so quick!

Some fabric I had been lusting after.
And finally, here's a few other things we've been up to:

part of our fence came apart in the wind storm.

It's snowing so I can start decorating, right?

a view out our front door.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! My paper looks pretty silly too, but I think it's part of the charm. If you have any questions let me know! Love the blog btw:)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.