Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today's Craft

My plan was to try out glass etching and possibly do this for some personalized Christmas gifts. However, I left my Exact-o knife somewhere else and had to put that project on hold.  I did, however, get some Christmas shopping done. I made a list of who we wanted to buy for, set a budget, and came up with a few ideas for each person. So far I have most of John's family done. Not too much yet, but it's a start - I really like the idea of being done early. I'm trying for meaningful gifts, homemade gifts, and experiences rather than things this year.

Back to crafts. I made this type of picture when I was in junior high - I think I even made it up, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I saw another blogger getting raves about hers and it reminded me that I've done this! Anyway, we need a picture for above the dresser in our bedroom so I planned on making a large mosaic out of cut-up paint samples. I was looking for a frame to spray paint and ran across four square Ikea frames at Goodwill for $2 each, so my plans changed. I might hang them in our upstairs hallway now. Not sure - we'll see what the Hubs says when he gets home. Here's a little picture story of the project.

Paint Samples I collected    


All cut up (boy do I have leftovers)

The Final Product.
You like?

1 comment:

  1. I love this project--so inexpensive but so pretty! I will be adding this to my "to-craft" list for sure.

    Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.