Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

John and I really enjoyed our second Thanksgiving together. We are thankful for our families, our jobs, our beautiful home, and what we've accomplished together as a team. We are truly lucky for where we are at right now and can only hope to continue our personal success so that we can help others.

Here are some pictures from our annual Portland trip:

I was craving my Grape Crush donut from Voodoo Donut, but the line was long every time we checked in... :(
We went to a place my mom had heard about called the Kennedy School, which is owned by the chain McMenamin's. It's an elementary school that has been converted into a hotel, theatre, event hall, and restaurants/bar/breweries. I feel a special connection to all things education, but it was a REALLY cool place. We ate at the Boiler Room bar, which had an upper level and a lower (just like a boiler room). There was a restaurant in the old cafeteria, and a tiny Detention Bar and Honors Bar, too. The theatre has armchairs instead of row seating and the hotel rooms are old classrooms complete with chalkboards. Pretty neat.

Top of the boiler room bar

I just love that the sign for Home Ec is right by the Bar sign

Front of the school


Also, can you tell some of my pictures are slightly edited? I'm still learning it, but have been playing with Picasa, a free photo editing program from Google. You can make blog banners and digitally scrapbook, too. I'll let you know what I learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.