Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Fun Day

A few things:

1. Today was day 2 of conferences, and they all went well. Also, I made out like a bandit. One parent brought me a grande latte, and another brought me Ferrero Rocher chocolates and Lindt chocolates from Nordstrom. Boy am I spoiled - I've never gotten presents from parents! I wonder what Christmas will bring... ha!

2. Lesson learned - do not buy off-brand hygiene products from Dollar Tree. While picking up some supplies for a craft project I purchased off-brand Smooth Away pads out of pure curiosity. The commercials made it seem so effective (of course) and these were only a dollar... Well, what a waste of a dollar, I could've gotten a bag of off-brand cheese doodles instead. Turns out the pad is really just a piece of fine sandpaper. Having the level of common sense that I have, I tested it out on my face. And now my upper lip is suffering the consequences of my decisions. Also, I realize this makes me sound totally class-less (Dollar Tree + off-brand Smooth Away + Upper Lip Hair) but am taking that risk to make this PSA.

3. Today we are transferring our wine from the bucket (there's probably a fancier name) to the glass carboy (jug). It should be an exciting 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry but I can't say I have sympathy for you on the hair removal attempt, you really should have known better on that one :-P

    Can't wait to taste some of that Ashley wine (I guess I just don't want to be the first to taste it)!

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.