Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And may I just say...

... that I have some of the sweetest students this year.

Today for morning announcements our VP reminded students to be kind to one another and others in the school. Compliment your peers and teachers, etc. as we navigate through the next 12 (eek!) days of school until break.

When the announcements finished 3 of my students had their hands raised (I thought they had a question about the day or something). Here is what they said:

"Thank you for being such a great teacher!"

"I'm really glad I have you this year."

"You really get 7th graders and I appreciate that you don't yell at us."

"This is one of my favorite school years."

Now, I know the cardinal rule of being in education is to be their teacher and not their friend, but hearing stuff like this still feels good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.