Saturday, December 25, 2010

Photoshop Elements, how I love thee...

Since I'm new to blogging/photo-editing, etc. I had only been playing around with free programs like Picasa (which I still like). John got me Photoshop Elements 9, however, from Costco for a good price. I don't have a great camera and don't make money from blogging or anything, so I just wanted something fun to play with. I had seen so many tutorials of things you can do to enhance your looks pictures that I wanted to try. I've only been on this for an hour or so, but here are some fun things I've found already:

Original Photo - not too bad
New photo - more stylized, clearer
And just for kicks, I played around with the "liquify" tool. What a dangerous thing. And yes, I know this looks super fake, but I'm new and I couldn't resist!
Real me - slightly pasty, average-sized
Photoshop Me - tanner, thinner (check out those hips!)

I know that Photoshop is nothing new to the technology world, but I just hadn't taken the plunge because of the price. Anyway, super fun and just another thing to add to my crafting.

More on Christmas another day. Hope everyone had a great day and took time to really think about the great things happening in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.