Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday envelopes

The last thing I have to do for the holidays is get our Christmas cards sent out. I would've liked to get them done earlier, but we were waffling between using pictures from our trips this year or trying to set up a photoshoot. I am proud to say that instead of using an already-designed photo greeting card I was able to make my own on Picasa, a free editing program from Google. You can make a "collage" of photos and add text to them, creating any size you want. So I made a collage, playing around with fonts and colors and layout, then made it a 5x7 and had them printed through Costco. The only downside is that I had to buy my own envelopes, but the price is comparable. Anyway, I can't "reveal" it yet, but will share my novice work soon.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has stumbled upon the $1 stamp stand at Michael's, and I've definitely taken advantage. I now have tons of stamps for all occasions, including 5 Christmas stamps. My intention was to handmade cards, but that isn't realistic (maybe if I started in August). But! I still wanted to use these adorable stamps somehow, so I quickly stamped them onto the corner of our envelopes. I didn't embellish them at all, but think it's a fun way to spice them up (did I mention you can also find small stamp pads in the $1 bin, too??). Here's how it turned out:

 
Aren't these adorable?


I also simplified the shelving in our dining room a bit, so it's getting closer to what I want. I bought 3 small white ceramic pots from Ikea for $2 each that I would like to keep on the shelf. Right now they are filled with glittery red ornaments that were 8/$1 at Target.



Enjoy your Monday all!

1 comment:

  1. hey I bought that same red tree @ "Terget" for $3. I bought the $2 smaller green one too, but when I opened it they were cut with the slits in the same place so they wouldn't fit together! Waste of $2 but not worth returning...

    Also I am sad I haven't seen any other those Christmas stamps in the dollar bin!! Those are so cute! I do have many dollar stamps though.

    ReplyDelete

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.