Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 29 - My hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days

This is a fitting post since 2010 is wrapping up (har har, a little present humor). Every year I write in my journal a year-in-review so I can quickly look at the accomplishments and experiences I've had. I will be doing that again this year, but I should add a new section of my plans for 2011.

Here are a few:
  1. To stay employed at Drum - I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my job. I don't think I could find a better position or school. I get a knot in my tummy just thinking about getting riffed or having to move. It's motivation to work hard. 
  2. To start my Master's Program - I had intended to begin my master's in January, but my application didn't quite get finished, so I'm aiming for May now. It's a 33-credit online Master's in Math Education (middle-school) and I'm super excited to get started. I'll probably start out small then load myself up more in the summer. If I'm not feeling too overwhelmed I hope to finish in a year to a year and a half. The sooner I finish the more money we can make (and therefore save) before we decide to add another being to our family.
  3. To get more organized- now that our rooms are more assembled I'd like to start making sure that everything has a place and we are developing good routines for staying organized and uncluttered. It would help if the previous owner hadn't taken all the shelving in our house, but we're slowly figuring out what we need and making it happen. We definitely don't have a lack of storage here, we just need to organize it.
  4. To build our savings - this is a continuing goal of course. It feels like we're not saving as fast as we have been because of the holidays, so we're really focusing on that come 2011.
  5. To be a more patient wife - John and I are still learning how to deal with each other (as I'm sure all couples are - P.S. did anyone see that sneak peek of Perfect Couples on NBC? so cute). This is an ongoing goal for two stubborn people like us. :) 
All in all the main focus this year is our careers, but also to focus on enjoying life. Like I have mentioned before, I'm trying to focus on Being more with less, although it doesn't feel like it this time of year and when you're trying to get your home feeling like home


In other news, I wish I could share my most recent craft - which turned out quite charming in my opinion - but they are gifts.... so I will wait. Happy Holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.