Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 15 - Your Dream House

Well, I'm a little biased about our current house, since it's our first and I'm attached (feel free to check out pictures of our house and floor plan here).




Here is why it fits my criteria:
  • There's room to grow and have a family (3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, rec room upstairs)
  • There is a feeling of openness but the rooms are still separated, so I can be doing something totally different and uninterrupted from what John is doing
  • It doesn't fill lop-sided or top heavy.
  • The rooms are a good size
  • It was "move-in ready" but there's still room for improving it and making it our own
  • It's new = no major problems
  • There's molding in the living room and a tiered ceiling in the master bedroom
  • 5-piece master bath and huge master closet (which we fitted with custom closets)
If I had all the budget in the world, I would most likely buy either an old house and renovate it so that it maintains it's charm and unique-ness OR (and most ideally) I'd buy some sort of non-house building and fit it to be a house, like:


I could convert a school so it's like I never left work!

Or I could live like the pigs in a barn
I could Praise the Lord for my church house.


Or maybe some really architecturally unique homes, like:


A compact home made from a billboard?

Ultra modern.
Welcome to my humble shipping container.

We're having a ball up here.
Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.