Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 25 - My day in great detail

I think I will write about Friday in some detail (not too much - who would actually read that?). This will be in timeline form.

6:35 - Alarm
6:50 - Got up
7:15 - Left for school (dropped off our Christmas cards - finally - at the mailbox)
7:45 - Arrived at School (later than I usually do, but only because it's the last day before break and it's not like I was going to get any planning done.
8:15 - Set up Wii on my projector for our class Holiday party
8:35 - Kids start trickling in (we start school really late)
8:45 - Take attendance, hear announcements (VP passed on the message that Santa wants us to be good)
8:52 - Head to choir room for Student of the Month Assembly
9:22 - Give out awards to 3 little angels
9:32 - Kids head to the cafeteria to set up their instruments for the holiday assembly
9:55 - after tuning the band, orchestra, and choir - they perform (my partner teacher and I just watched our kids)
10:14 - Leave assembly and head to my classroom to set up our buffet line (more snacks have arrived since I had last been in there)
10:30 - Get Wii working
10:31 - Play against 3 of my kids at "Just Dance" game (stay tuned for some pictures)

10:33 - Lost at Just Dance game because it wouldn't be appropriate for me to do some of the moves
10:40 - Beat partner teacher at Just Dance (okay, she has pneumonia, but that's just an excuse)
11:30 - Clean up
11:40 - Share favorite memories of 2010
11:50 - Say goodbye to kids
1:30 - Leave school with all my presents and books for planning over break
2:00 - Lunch at Tides with partner teacher
3:45 - Harry Potter movie
6:30 - Family Dinner Night at the Mason Hall w/ John
8:30 - Head to partner teacher's house for some Wii
11:30 - Get home - crash.

Not a typical day for me, but a great way to end the 2010 school year and kick off a break.

My plans for break?

- Painting at least our master bathroom (maybe the downstairs bathroom, too - we'll see)
- Organizing all our closets (since all of them had their shelving removed, we haven't really organized most of them yet)
- Finish applying for a Master's in Math Education online program
- Plan for January

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love me some blog lovin'! Feel free to share a story, share your opinions, or share your knowledge. I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem rude or inappropriate.